Monday, June 21, 2010

Fishing . . . I think not

Ever had one of those days?  Bill and I have been planning on going fishing for about 3 weeks.  We picked today, Monday, because I was off work, we had a babysitter, and the lake wouldn't be crowded.  I had checked James Spann's website 100 times to make sure the weather would cooperate and was ready to go.  You have to understand, Bill is not a fisher, he is a catcher, so our destination would be a stocked catfish pond, because if Bill ain't catchin', he ain't stayin.  So the destination was planned, we were packed and ready to go.
This is how our day went . . . Will, our alarm clock, overslept.  Then, I took him to Mrs. Dawn's, where he loves to go, but he cried and it took me forever to leave him.  So, it was after 9AM when we left home.  (No problem, because I did not care if we were fishing in the hottest part of the day.)  Did I mention, fishing is my favorite past time and I was super excited.
Then, we get to exit 100 on 59 after discussing what a blessing our old beat up Chevy is.  We were laughing and having a good old time, when Bill said, the truck is running hot.  So, off the interstate we go.  We called our good friends (the cavalry) and with a little tweaking and 45 minutes later, we were back on our way to the lake.  (So, we were just a little late, but we were still going fishing.  I was determined!) 
Apparently, it was not my day.  We drove another 30 minutes and get to the lake to see a sign that says "Open Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday".  UGH.  OK, new plan.  On to the county lake.  Even though it isn't quite as stocked, we will still have fun.  So we drive about 15 minutes down the road, and I am once again excited.  I AM GOIN FISHIN.  Then we see the sign "Bibb County Lake: Closed Monday".  So, I pouted a minute, then I put on my big girl panties and decided to just enjoy the day with Bill.
And a good day it was, despite the anger of the fishing gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment