Monday, January 18, 2010

Will is Four Months Old

HOLY COW BATMAN!  Where did the time go?  How could he be four months old?  I just held him, just kissed his nose and toes, just held his little hand for the first time - yesterday it seems.  But then, somehow, life without him seems so distant.  Being a Mommy is all encompassing.  I wake up and think about what he is doing, I go to bed longing to hold him five more minutes each day, I force myself to put him in his "big-boy" bed instead of in my room next to me.  I can't wait to get home to him and his daddy in the evenings . . . to see them snuggling on the couch or "talking" to each other.  He is learning new things everyday.  He laughs, and smiles, and plays with little toys, rolls over, and listens to music and is learning to grab hold of things. We tell him he is our "big boy" and he laughs out loud.  He is so much fun.  I think I always knew I would like being a Mommy.  I always knew it would be a lot of hard work and I always knew it would be rewarding on so many levels, but I never knew it would be so much fun.
We went to see Dr. Goldsmith for our 4 month checkup this morning.  Will is 26 1/4 inches and 17 pounds.  He is in the 90th percentile on height and weight and is perfect!  Of course, check ups = shots, so he isn't feeling that well this evening, but I am sure he will be back to his smiley self tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment