Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pictures, Birthdays, Weddings

This weekend has been CRAZY!  I love being busy, but . . . WOW.  We started yesterday with Will's 10 month pictures (which should have been 9 month pictures, but we got off schedule).  This makes me nervous.  I always worry that he will get upset, that the pics won't turn out well, that we will stress out his Daddy and Kim, our awesome photographer.  Silly, I know.  They are pictures of his life and if he is crying, that's OK.  He does that sometimes.  However, if you have been around me with my son, you might have noticed that I don't like for him to cry.  EVER.  I do everything I can to make him happy all the time.  Can we say spoiled?    That's OK, because I waiting a long time to get him here and that is my right.  Anyway, to get back on track, the pictures went great.  He was wonderful and this made Mommy very happy.
So, that was in Trussville and we had to make it back to Hueytown for my sweet cousin Nathan's second birthday.  Thanks to Daddy's stellar driving, we made it and I'm so glad.  What a fun time we had.  Will swam with Amy, Luke, Shelby, Grace and Christi (mommy forgot our swim bag, so no Mommy and Daddy in the pool).  He loves the water and we had so much fun watching them.  Sweet Nathan had a great party with a ton of people that love him.  We stayed longer than we should have, then had to pack up and hurry home.
Next on the list was getting Mr. Will ready to spend the night with Grandma.  He loves his Grandma (and so do we).  He gets excited to see her coming and loves her living room filled with his toys and his pool on the patio at her house.  So Grandma came to get Mr. Will and . . . we had to get ready to go to an out of town wedding.
Getting ready is not my strong suit.  I am slow, I get side tracked and I am usually late.  There I said it.  If you love me, you love me in spite of these things.  So, I tried to hurry, but I was of course running a little behind.  We get in the car, where I told Bill the directions were on my phone.  Down the road we go, where Bill asks, " Where's your phone?".  Back home we head . . . and we're off again.  We have to pick up a friend in Homewood and make it to Anniston in basically an hour.  Once again, thank you Bill for your amazing driving.  We made it.
What a beautiful wedding Natalie and Taylor had.  She was gorgeous.  He was handsome.  The food was good and the band great. AND Bill danced with me.  What a great night and a great date.
We stayed for a little while, but then we realized that we could be at home, getting a full nights sleep, which does not happen with Mr. Will.  So, we are such party animals, that we were home by 10:30 and we had a great nights sleep.  (Thanks again, Grandma!)
I would post pics of all of these wonderful events, but my camera was at home the whole time.  Oh well.
Now for today 's agenda - Church, Memaw's, Amy's for Crystal's 16th birthday, then the mound of laundry in my laundry room and to clean up this house that is definitely lived in and overrun with toys.

** One more side note.  When I posted to Lindsey last week, I was on pain drugs.  I did go back and fix my many errors and did notice that it was basically unreadable.  I will try not to blog while high anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment