Thursday, July 8, 2010

I wore the wrong thing . . .

I wore the wrong thing last Thursday.  I got out of bed, chose clothes that I don't usually wear and was uncomfortable all day long.  That trickled down into every part of my day.  I was anxious, uptight, agitated all day long.  I could not concentrate and did not do a good job at my work.  I was miserable.  Over clothes. Something that shouldn't matter.  Once I got home and changed clothes, I noticed an immediate change in my attitude.
I have thought about that a lot about that since Thursday.  How often do we wear the wrong thing on the inside.  We put on a smile and makeup and clothing that makes us look the part, but we wear malice, anger, bitterness, jealousy, insecurity.  Those things make us anxious, uptight, agitated.  They affect everything that we do during the day.  What we wear in our hearts is directly related to what kind of day we have and who we are. 
I am trying daily to put on the full armor of God.  That way, I am dressed appropriately for anything that comes my way.  I want to be uplifting, positive, encouraging, self controlled.  I want to wear the fruit of the spirit that God has called me to wear.   And when I fail, I want to praise God for the opportunity to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment