Sunday, July 18, 2010

Painting

This post is out of order, but that's OK.  I went to Sips N Strokes last week with Amy, Christi, Linda and Jenn.  I have done this a couple of times and realized that I really enjoy painting.  No one else had been, and I got a kick out of listening to them fret about putting paint on a canvas.  Who cares what it looks like.  You don't have to hang it in your living room.  I must say that I loved all of the pictures.  Everyone did an amazing job.  Most of all, I enjoyed the time with my family, my friends.  Amy never gets to do something just for her, and I so enjoyed watching her settle in, relax and have fun, just for her.  Christi and Linda were a hoot.  Christi is a perfectionist, so worried about every detail.  Linda was painting 10 minutes after the class stopped and announced that we were just jealous that we weren't still painting.  Jenn was giggling most of the time.   She made me giggle too.  It was fun.  So fun.


I am thankful for these times and memories.  I am thankful for a husband that wants me to do things for myself and is so willing to keep Will and push me to go.  I am thankful that I am friends with my sister, my cousin, my Aunt.  I am so blessed to have grown up in a close family.  I have realized that family does not always mean friends.  I know many people who rarely talk to their siblings and have shut out their families. That makes me sad for others, because I can't imagine not being friends with my sister, or Christi, or Linda or the rest of my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment