Monday, July 5, 2010

Mississippi, Wonderful Relatives, and DOGS

I'm tired. 
That could be because we travelled to Jackson Mississippi this weekend.  We went to visit Aunt Libbie and Uncle Mike, Kelly, Jamie and all the dogs!  We got in late Friday night and stayed up until 1 AM visiting.  It is so nice to go into someone else's home and be made completely comfortable.  Such fun conversation and laughter.  They are my relatives by marriage, but it just felt like family this weekend and THEY SPOILED US ROTTEN!  Saturday, we spent the morning loving on dogs (I will run down all of the dogs in a minute).  Aunt Libbie cooked for us, while will flirted with her.  He played and played, and was just wrapped around his Uncle Mike's finger.  Then, they took us out for awesome pizza and a trip to Aunt Libbie's Merle Norman store at the mall.  I shopped and oohed and awed over everything while they took Will to the toy store.  As you can imagine, he came back rich with awesome toys.  And I left with new shoes and a new purse and a new face thanks to sweet Kelly.  Mike and Lib kept Mr. Will while Bill and I went on a date to Vicksburg for good food and fun.  What a great time I had with my sweet husband.  We should date more.  When we do, we remember that we really, really like each other. 
Sunday morning, we got up again and played with lots of puppies, while Uncle Mike and Will cooked us breakfast again.  Then, we had a wonderful Japanese lunch and more visiting before we headed home.
I will post pictures, but I want to run down a list of the dogs just for my fun.  They have a LOT of Boxers right now.  Momma dog, Lilly, who is accompanied by 12 of her puppies.  She has Hank and Bella (who are huge) from her first litter, Petal from her second litter (who is a boxer/German pointer and a princess)  and nine new boxer babies.  If you know me, then you know that I was in HEAVEN with all of these babies.  I managed to love them all and even name several of the babies - Button, Spice, Pumpkin, Little Man . . . and I announced that I wanted each one at least once during the 48 hours we were there.  I think we decided that we love Button for Grandma and we want Lilly, if and when she needs a new home. 
I know this post is all over the place, but I want to document this because I felt like a Princess all weekend.  I did learn one valuable lesson.  Traveling with a baby is HARD WORK, and we have a wonderful happy baby.  It is just taxing, especially because I don't like to travel at all.  I like to go new places, but I hate getting there.  Thank God, Bill has the patience of Job and handles my grumpy self very well. 
I am glad to be home, but I want to remember this weekend.  I felt like a kid again, and with all of the stress that has been on my shoulders for quite some time, I needed this. 
Thanks Uncle Mike and Aunt Lib, Kelly and Jamie for letting me be a part of the family, for loving Bill and Will and for making us feel so special. 
We love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment