Monday, October 19, 2009

What a weekend!

This past weekend was wonderful. Bill cooked dinner for me on Friday night to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Every year, he cooks spaghetti for me. It doesn't sound fancy, because its not and neither am I, but it is our tradition and I LOVE it.
Saturday morning, we had Grandma, Aunt Lindsey, Aunt Jessica and Ryleigh come visit, then off for shopping. We had a great time and I realized why people who have kids have no money! We did make some great finds though.
Sunday, we took Will to church for the first time. We went to our old "home" church for the first time in years. Its funny how some places feel like home no matter how long your gone. I know Will liked it, because everyone just loved and doted on him. Of course, most of those people prayed for us to have a baby for many years, so seeing him is seeing your prayers answered.
Our friend Joy is here from Kentucky with her three kids (Andrew, Eli and Payton). Payton is two months older than Will, and we have decided to arrange their future marriage, so we introduced them as a courtesy. I think they love each other already! We went to lunch together and had a great time.
After lunch, we visited Memaw and Papa, then Amy, Corey, CJ and Luke. Memaw and Papa just love this baby and I love to watch them love on him. It thrills my soul. Of course, Amy does too. Luke is hilarious with him. Will was making noise and Luke was cracking up, like he couldn't believe that Will could make sounds. I think they will be great buddies in just a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment