Saturday, November 28, 2009

Santa, Thanksgiving and the Iron Bowl!


Wow! How do you express the kind of thankfulness we feel? Well, I hope it just oozes out of us, because I know Bill and I are overflowing with gratitude and humbleness! We deserve nothing, but are so blessed! Our sweet baby Will is all smiles . . . and we LOVE it. I am sad that the newborn phase went by so fast, but could never get tired of seeing him grow and change. The smiles, the laughs, the noises, and even the pouty faces are awesome. He has discovered his toys, loves kicking his feet, finally likes getting in his swing, enjoys "talking" with everyone and LOVES bath time. He makes the funniest noises and I could listen and stare at him for days. (Can you tell I like him a little?)
I am keeping him on his toes with his social game too. Wednesday, I took him to work with me, which was great until he spit up all over both of us for the second time. Then, home to change clothes, and off to the mall with Dad and Grandma to see Santa Claus. It was very fun, but the experience went by too quick for me. I guess I invisioned Santa loving and doting on him like I do. Doesn't Santa know he is the cutest, sweetest baby ever???
Thursday, of course, was Will's first Thanksgiving. Daddy had to work, but Will and Mommy watched the parade, cooked, then headed out to Amy's for dinner with the boys and my Dad. (Yes, we were late). We had awesome food, then off to Memaw and Pappa's for spoiling from the cousins, Grandma and the great grands. Will spent the night with Grandma Thursday night, and no, Mommy didn't sleep.
That's ok, because CJ and I headed out shopping at 3:30. Gotta get those deals . . . I'm on a baby budget now. CJ is a great shopping buddy. We were home in time to cook chili and watch the Iron Bowl with friends. Woo-Hoo! What a game! We had a great time. I swear Will watched the TV in between cat naps. He was not bothered by the screaming and even smiled when Auburn scored. I am raising a Tiger for sure.
That gets us to today. What is on the schedule? A whole lot to do. What is getting done? I am still in my pj's blogging and staring at a beautiful baby that woke me up by laughing this morning (insert huge Mommy smiles here)!
What a great weekend and a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment