Thursday, October 28, 2010

LIFE . . . IS . . . PRECIOUS

That is what is on my heart right now.  Last week, someone who was a dear friend of mine years ago, died in a tragic car accident.  Our lives went separate paths what seems like a whole lifetime ago, but I have many beautiful memories of silly teenage years, lots of fun, lots of fussing, lots of laughing, lots of goofy decisions, lots of life.  I wasn't a picture taker back then.  When I learned of this tragedy, I realised that I don't have any documentation of our friendship . . . just memories and they are precious.  You see, life is precious.  Although we were no longer sharing our lives with one another, she was sharing her life with four beautiful babies.  I don't know much else about the situation but this, she was their mommy, some one's sister, some one's friend, and she didn't have the opportunity to tell them goodbye or a last "I love you".  Again, life is precious.  It is not guaranteed.  Tomorrow may not come here on this earth, so I challenge you and myself:
  • Hug those you love and TELL THEM every chance you get
  • Be there more, go out of your way to see, call, check on people who are close to you or people who might need you.
  • Be kind to others . . . you have no idea what they are going through, and a smile goes a long way
  • Get your spiritual life in order RIGHT NOW.  Live for the KING OF KING's TODAY.  Know the salvation and eternal promises and life promised from JESUS and ACCEPT HIM as your SAVIOR.  Don't fake it.  Don't pretend and don't think just because you are a good person, you are covered.  You must be a blood bought sinner saved by the GRACE of CHRIST to make it to HEAVEN.  If you aren't, ask someone to pray with you and become one NOW.  There is nothing in life more important that your salvation and you are not guaranteed tomorrow to perfect it.
  • Do more, help more, hug more, kiss more, hold hands more often, smile more, slow down a little  and enjoy the blessings around you.  If you don't see God's blessings in your life, CHANGE YOUR LIFE, include HIM. 
  • If you are a Christian, tell someone else about Jesus.  Let HIM use your life to build HIS kingdom. 
I'm told not two weeks ago my friend had very real encounter with the Lord.  She said, "The weight of the world is off my shoulders.  I now know how much God loves me." Although I am sad she is gone, I am so very, very thankful for this knowledge and that her children will be told one day that she found the Lord.

Again, life is precious. ETERNITY IS EVERYTHING. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment