Monday, August 30, 2010

A dear friend

This past week, our family lost a dear friend. Mr. Bruce was my dad's best friend for as long as I can remember.  He had been principal of our high school and was a great man, but that isn't how I knew him.  I knew him as my Dad's hunting buddy, a die hard Alabama fan with a love for dogs that surpassed mine.  He always had a smile on his face and a joke.  He and my Dad were like brothers, always messing with each other, trying to best one another and always there when they needed each other.  I guess the things that I will remember most about him was his encouragement to do better than your best, to try something news and to be a blessing to others.  He encouraged my wonderful nephew C.J. to pursue football, and I know C.J. will never forget Mr. Bruce pushing him to succeed. 
My heart hurts for Mrs. Charlotte, his wife, and Becky his daughter.  I know the pain they are going through and I hate that anyone else has to feel that.  We will miss his wonderful friendship.  We will miss his hearty laugh and smile.  I know that he is celebrating in Heaven with Jesus.  I know that he and mom are already messing with each other there and I know that I will see him again, but until then I will pray for peace for all that miss him.
We love you Mr. Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment