Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Remembering the Best Day Ever

Tuesday was the best day of my life! After going to the Dr. Monday morning and learning that my fluid levels were dropping, we had several tests on Mr. Will and learned that we would welcome him into the world on Tuesday. We checked out of the hospital Monday afternoon and went home to gather our bags. I visited my Dad in the hospital to share the news. We got Lucy and headed out around 4:00 PM. We visited with Memaw and Pappa and ate a little dinner. We then went to Amy and Corey's for a few minutes and headed to Grandma Chelle's. We dropped Lucy off anf headed to the hospital We checked into the hospital at 8:00 PM on September 14, 2009. At 11:00 PM the nurses gave me medication to get my body ready for labor. At 1:00 AM on September 15, 2009, we received the second dose of that medication. At 3:00 AM, I woke up and thought my back was hurting. I was having contractions every 2 mintues. They checked me and there had been no change. We sat around and tried to rest. At 5:00 AM, my water broke on its own and I was 1-2 CM. Now I knew I was in labor. No questions. At 6:15, we were at 3 CM and waiting on the epidural. Full Labor = WOW. I got my epidural around 7:00 AM and the rest of the morning was a breeze. At 8:15, we were at 6 CM and moving right along. By 10:15, we were at 9 CM. They checked me again at 11:00 AM and started the laboring down process. We had lots of visitors and guests during this time frame and other than being tired, we were SO EXCITED. I started pushing at 11:55 and Baby Will was born at 12:27 AM. If pregnancy were as easy as labor and delivery and God had seen fit, I would have 10babies. This was the most wonderful process and experience of our lives. When Dr. Sharp held up the baby, I would not believe it! We were finally Mommy and Daddy and he is perfect. God is still in the miracle business. After 8 1/2 years of people telling us "maybe its not meant to be", we are celebrating God's Will for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment