Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wish You Were Here

It's been five years since I saw my mom. Five years since I heard her voice or had her say "I love you, baby. Five years since she was here to tell me "I'm proud of you" or "it will be ok". Oh how I miss her loud voice, her fun smile, her silliness. I keep reminding myself she's had five years with Jesus, without pain, walking streets of gold with her mon and dad, singing in a heavenly choir. I wouldn't take her away from that even if I could, but I sure do miss her here.
I know I will see her again one day. If there are holes in the floor of Heaven, I know she is looking down on us and knows everything about Dad and Amy and me and our boys. Mom is probably laughing at us when we get flustered or are unsure of our parenting skills saying, "you should have raised girls." or "just remember how many kids I raised at one time".

What a blessing my mom was to so many people! What a blessing she was and still is to me. Everyday I call upon things that she taught me. Oh, how I miss her, but then again I carry her in my heart everyday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment