Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh! To be blessed. . .


I am a blessed woman. You see, I have lived in hell on earth while putting on a face for the world. I have been in the midst of sin so large that I thought I would never find a road out. I have allowed hurt, pain, anger and disappointment to open a foot hold for Satan to work in my life. I am not proud of those days. Those days haunt me today, but I have learned an important lesson recently. You see, I was the prodigal son. And, just as Jesus told me He would, He was waiting with open arms to welcome me back into the fold. Not only did he welcome me back, but he restored my life, my soul, my purpose here on this earth AND gave me blessings beyond my wildest dreams. I can not begin to express the vast difference from where I was and where I am now. I do know this, the day He reached down and pulled me out of the pit of despair, He robed me in white, clean and blameless before Him. He also taught me that I must extend unconditional, loving forgiveness to others to show the same love that Christ shows me. There has never been a better example of grace than the personal example that I have received. You see, I KNOW Jesus. He is my friend. He lives in my heart. He loves me. He chose me. He died to forgive me. He would have died just for me. Oh, how blessed I am.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment