Friday, December 31, 2010

A Family Tradition

Every year, my Mom's side of the family, the Burfitts, gather together the second weekend in November in a cabin in North Alabama for a time of fun, food, fellowship, food, and more fun.  To me, this weekend signals the start of the holidays.  It is one of my favorite times of the year because I get to see loved ones that I don't see often and make more memories with them. We reminisce about our childhoods, learn about our family history (sometimes more than we want to know), play games, watch football, and have enough food to feed four armies.  The last few years, we have been blessed with more little ones to join in the tradition and hopefully we are teaching them the importance of taking time out of your daily life to love your family.  I love family, I love having a place to let the kids just be kids and being able to kick back and watch them play.  Will ran a country mile down the long hallway with his cousins.  We went for walks, played in fall leaves, stomped in mud puddles and threw rocks in the lake.  My Mom loved spending time with family too and I know she looks down on this weekend each year with a smile.




Can you tell this sweet baby was having fun?  Much to my surprise, he didn't even tear up the infamous jigsaw puzzle.  I must say that I held my breath all weekend waiting for that to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment